Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More stories form Marilyn and her alter ego Larry

Hello,

It’s Marilyn again.

What a trip!!!

Catlin is great at putting her blog in a chronological order.

Mine is hit and miss but they are all my stories and they did happen.

Thank God we are a live story!

We were in Montana and realized we were going the wrong direction. Justin was driving and Doni was navigating from the back seat, when he turned around along the side of the road. Justin immediately realized the back tires were not on the ground and were hanging over a cliff. This totally had us frightened and we could have die! Justin said, “don’t move” and I kept saying “put on the emergency brake.” He ignored me but kept his foot steady on the brake. His leg was shaking and I visualized the car rolling off the cliff. Thinking back, it would probably have been slow enough that we would survived.

Catlin and Doni dove out the window from the back seat. A small compact car stopped and were very helpful. They helped flag down people and Doni was doing his magic staying calm and gentle and connecting to all the wonderful people who stopped and helped us.

I thought, Are we going to make it to New York? Will the car fall off the cliff? The first truck could not tow us off of the hill and the driver said he would get help.

Justin’s leg was still shaking and I was trying to stay calm..Not!

A second truck showed up and he was our Montana hero! He had a great truck and a yellow cord that he hooked his truck to our car and pulled us out. He left without a word like the Lone Ranger! A true Montana man!

I want to stress how brave Justin acted. He had to let go of the break when the truck moved forward. Success!

We are alive and Doni is connecting to everyone.

I had to have a cupcake moment. The lovely couple in the small car posed with a piece of cake cupcake.

Kalispell Montana- left alone to raise money

Doni, Justin and Catlin went hiking at a nature park and I was dropped off to go shopping and spread the word about Doni and his cause.

I love vintage stuff and I love a good story.

I went for blocks looking at all the stores and meeting people along the way meanwhile handing out flyers. I met a woman that had a great clothing boutique and I told her the great Doni story. Even though Doni was hiking, I noticed people were connecting to our story and were positive in the support of our cause.

She told me her family started a woman’s shelter and would love to give us money for the kids. Something happened unexpectedly.

She wrote a check, a fifty dollar check . On the first line of the check that says name she wrote Doni’s America. Oh my gosh! Doni’s received his first check. How is he going to cash it?

I then asked the lady to please put Justin’s name on the check as well so it could be deposited in the funding website.

I skipped and jumped at the fact that Doni was connecting!
Of course Doni is so generous that all his money is given to disadvantaged youth and kids with disabilities. I love Doni!

Livingston Montana …… Save a horse ride a cowboy!

We all went to lunch with Justin’s friend in Livingston. There are only 780 people in the town and everyone knows everyone. It is very safe ( no locked doors).

Justin, Catlin, and Doni went for a hike in Paradise Valley. I roamed the streets to raise money and was telling Doni stories.

The first store I went to was a glass store. I could so relate to her store. She used old stoves as display pieces. I felt that I was taken back in time for a week similar to my bakery, Piece of cake. I told her the Doni story and she said her store is animal friendly and she would love to see Doni. Then she did something amazing, so amazing..she gave 20.00 for the cause.

The guy that worked at the store and I ran as fast as we could to stop Justin before he went hiking. Alas! We found Doni and Justin.

Justin and Doni ran to meet the glass store lady. Wow! She was Doni friendly.

She let Doni climb on their table with their glass. Doni slipped on the table and the glass went everywhere and we all laughed and Doni was spreading magic and peeing on the table.

I went to a great thrift store in Livingston. They had wonderful vintage stuff. The thrift people were so friendly and gracious, they donated blankets and a plastic sheet for Doni’s bed. Just before closing the lady behind the counter did something wonderful! She wrote a check for 25.00 to Doni’s America. Oh my goodness the only goat in the world with checks and such awareness to children’s needs. The lady that donated has a sister that has a goat named little boy. Her goat is very smart and has a job delivering phone books with a smile.

Livingston is such a small town! I met another woman at the thrift store that called one of her friends to tell them about Doni. The friend she called was on a hike and he had met Doni, Justin, and Catlin on the trail. Wow! True

Doni spreads awareness and fun on the trail. Happy trails to you!

Doni and his pals were taking along time on the trail and I kept meeting more people. I went to a coffee shop and met a college student ,Cassidy, that helped me research stuff on her computer for a future days and donated 5.00 to Doni’s cause.

When they picked me up, we gave Cassidy a cupcake from Piece of Cake. How fun to give away my cakes. Yum!

Catlin and I wanted to meet cowboys from Montana!

While we were out and about Doni had a special treat. He was on a great ranch visiting 3 large goats. He was out in the Montana air and sleeping under the stars.

Finding a great sleep over for Doni was magic but it sounds just like Doni! Justin gave the farmer a bottle of rum and he had cupcake moment from me.

We all went out to a great restaurant, an award winning restaurant. It had rave reviews from Anthony Bourdin. I asked the waitress about customers with special needs and if she ever has requests for gluten–free bake goods? “Not many,” she said. My bakery specializes in gluten-free and it is interesting to see what people are experiencing around the country.

Finally Saturday night and our chance to meet a Montana cowboy! Wow! Yee Haw!

We went to a great bar called the Mint. It was crowed, fun, and people were dancing,

Shucks, I didn’t meet a cow boy but I met two woman that donated 20.00 cash to our cause. I gave them a Piece of Cake cupcake to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment